Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday Morning

It's a gloomy Wednesday morning in my little part of the world. Overcast skies and a light sprinkle make me want to curl up and do nothing! I love a good storm, but I'm not overly fond of "yucky" weather.

I'm tired today and I'm not sure if it's an MS thing or if i'm just tired. The symptoms of MS are strange sometimes, and often I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing at any given moment is just me, or if it is the disease. There are meds for the different symptoms, but who wants to take that many meds when the symptoms, while bothersome, are not stopping you from going about your day. (Even if going about your day takes much longer than usual!)

On a good note, my treatment/medicine came in yesterday. You know you've seen these gifts that are in a huge box but when you open it, there is a smaller box inside? Then another and another until you only have a tiny box left to open? That's how I felt opening the package! I opened the delivery box and found a styrofoam cooler. Inside the cooler, the contents were covered in bubble wrap. Under the bubble wrap, was the box of medicine, the sharps container and alcohol swabs, all seperately packed. Not to mention all the freezer packs to keep it all cool!

I signed up with Shared Solutions as soon as I had a diagnosis of MS. They have been wonderful and are never impatient, even when I have a "I was just wondering..." sort of question. They will be sending out a nurse on Saturday to train me to use the Autoject pen for copaxone as well as how to inject without it. I've never given myself an injection before, so I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure I'll do fine once I'm used to it!

On a joyful note, we are still in revival at church. It's been going for a while, but the services are amazing! I love going to church, and even though I may be tired sometimes and it feels like a struggle to get ready to go, I'm always glad that I made it. There is such a comfort, peace and joy that comes from being in His house, in His presence, spending time with others who believe as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment