Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beginning....

I've never had a blog before but am feeling somewhat reflective about life in general and current events in my life, in particular. Where to start? I guess by telling you a little bit about who I am. I am a 45 year old woman married to a terrific man. I have 2 sons from my first marriage who are teenagers and both are now driving! Those boys are my heart and breath and without them I would be lost. I am an Apostolic Pentecostal and I have the most wonderful pastor and church family a person could ask for. We just moved into our new church building in May and it is absolutely beautiful! In March this year, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and am also starting treatment for that the beginning of July. One other hat I wear is part--time caregiver of my mother.

On to the reason I started this blog. I feel like my life of true joy began at 10:15 a.m. on Sunday, January 17, 2010. It had been 12 years since I had attended church anywhere. God had been dealing with me for some time to come back to Him, and on that Sunday morning I gave my life back to God and was renewed in the awesomeness of Holy Ghost. Now, I've always been a happy person. Even when things aren't going well, I can find something to laugh about and a reason to smile. However, until I let God have control of my life again, until I chose to live my life for Him, joy was missing. Although I may have been happy, I was not joyful and there wasn't a lot of meaning to my life. Suddenly, everything was beautiful, people I didn't like before were suddenly great to be around, and I loved everyone! It's amazing the difference God makes in our lives when we let Him. It's been 6 months since then and although my life is far from perfect, I have a joy that is far beyond description, a comfort that is always present, and a love that I cannot fathom.

No comments:

Post a Comment