Saturday, June 26, 2010

Big changes

I just found out a few hours ago that my husband will be going back to working construction away from home. This comes with mixed feelings and a little worry. I am trusting in God and my husband that this is the right decision, but I can't help but have some concerns.

Let's start with the concerns and get them out of the way.
1. He'll be gone. I miss him when he is gone. He is my best friend and I don't want him to be gone for that long.
2. It's been 4 years since he's worked away from home. He isn't used to working 7-12's anymore. I worry that he'll make himself sick by working so much.
3. It's a dangerous job, not as much as some, but more than others. I'll worry about his safety while he is gone, as well.
4. Did I mention that he'll be gone and I will miss him terribly?

The good things about him working off:
1. The money. Enough said about that.
2. He is already happier knowing that he won't have to keep working at his current job.
3. He'll be working with a good friend whom I love dearly.
4. He'll be doing work that he enjoys.

All in all, I'd much rather have him home, but there are no jobs here at home that will pay what he makes now, other than the job he has now. He is miserable in this job so I know the new job will be better for him mentally. We can get our bills paid off and get completely out of debt within a year or so. This is what he wants to do, and I will support him in this decision. God is good and is always in control. God does NOT make mistakes! I will find my comfort and rest in Him as he renews my joy each day!

No comments:

Post a Comment